Friday, April 11, 2014

Ready to Run!

I finally feel ready for Sunday's race.  I'm packed, my throat is still sore but not getting worse, and my shoulder and hip are pain free!  Woo Hoo!  

A big Thank You to my Dad for driving 4'ish hours to work on my shoulder and hip and then turning around and driving 4'ish hours back home. 

He did get a little play time in with Sky before making the drive back home.

So I'm doing a few things different this race...I'm running naked and I'm taking pictures!  By naked I mean no GPS watch.  Totally going to run based on feel and how many irresistible photo ops there are along the way.  

It's all part of the plan to run for fun, enjoy the weather and the island, and make sure Michelle has fun as well.  She's coming into this with 3 weeks of prep and a bit of a sore back, so I'm ditching the watch (and in turn the obsession with pace/numbers) and plan to kill my phone battery taking pics!  I know that "real" runners look down on the photo taking runners, but I don't give a crap what anyone thinks.  We will make sure to step out of the way so we don't slow anyone down or trip anyone.   

I'm really looking forward to running in a new area and this is our first as Half Fanatics!  It's going to be fun, and a great way to kick off the summer run schedule!

----------------

Anyone else run/race naked?
No, I don't remember the last time I did that.  I have mixed feeling about it which is probably why I should do it more.   It's not always about the numbers.

In race photo taking yes or no?
I don't care one way or the other.  This is the first race I've gone into with the intent to take pics.  Usually I have a goal of some sort that does not lend itself to photos.  I'm kinda looking forward to it though! 



 

No comments: