Friday, October 17, 2014

Fun Fact Friday

Hello my name is Jen and I'm a purger.  Ok that sounds really bad, what I mean is I'm not a hoarder!

I've been following A Bowl Full of Lemons 31 Day Purge, and was so excited going into it!  I love cleaning things out, getting rid of stuff that we don't use or need, and organizing what we do have.

Over the last two years I have actually been stripping the house down to just the things we need and love.  I average about 2 garbage bags full of GW stuff every month, and every few months hand off bags of clothing that Sky has outgrown to friends.  I knew there wasn't much left in the house that really needed to be purged, and honestly things are about as organized as they are going to get for now.  It would take a good amount of $$ at the Container Store to organize more efficiently and make it look pretty (which isn't totally necessary but always nice).  Even with all the GW trips I really thought this challenge would help me go over things with a fine tooth comb, and I would come across something that needed attention...but guess what...I haven't!

Every day I check the blog to see what the focus is for the day and every time it's something that has already been purged/organized/clean up and out.  Don't get me wrong there are probably a few more ribbed tank tops, in every color under the sun, than I strictly need, but I do wear them every day for layering.  I know I'm not perfect, and if I could go on a shopping spree with California Closets or something like that it would be a different ballgame, but for now it kind of feels good to know I'm not hanging on to things that take up needed space unnecessarily, and that things are pretty well organized.

Another fun fact...unnecessarily is really hard to spell.  I get lost somewhere between the first e and the second s!    

Fun fact #3...I LOVE my new Steelers Hat!  I have a friend that traveled to Pittsburgh last year for work and she found this for me while she was there.  We finally found time (she got this last football season!) to have lunch and catch up today!  So ready for Monday Night Football now!!!  


Fun Fact #4...Sky filled up her sticker chart today which means she got to pick out a treat.  She has some parameters to work with, and is really good about it when we tell her it's too much $$ or too big or whatever.  She had about 3 things she was deciding on, and Angus the horse from Brave won out. He has gone everywhere with us today, she won't let him out of her site!

 
Fun fact #5...these are really, really, really good!  Go try them ASAP!


Fun Fact #6...naps only happen in the car, and if I'm lucky survive the transfer into the house (it didn't last today...she woke up when I opened her door).


That's all I've got for now.  I hope everyone enjoys the weekend!!!  Go check out A Bowl Full of Lemons its a great site/blog with lot's of crafty DIY projects and info on saving $$ and being organized.



No comments: