Wednesday, October 29, 2014

New Shoes, and Some Old Ones

Guess what happened today?!


I took an old pair of shoes, my favorite pair of shoes, out for a run today!!!  For the first time in a really long time.  It felt so good to be running, but it felt so hard too.  I have a lot of work to do to get back to where I want to be.  But, I'm being smart and taking it slow and easy.  No set backs!

I'm back, not back 100%, but at least I'm back!  My runner heart is happy!

-----------------------

After our night out a few weeks ago, and wearing cute heels I decided it's time to trade in my cute heels for flats.  It's just not worth the knee, hip, and foot pain.  I'd much rather be able to run than insist on wearing silly shoes that hurt.  I am keeping one pair that were a birthday gift...I just can't part with them.

I was super excited to find these cute flats in a fun color!

Thank you Dad!

I also got a new pair of rain boots at the Bass Pro Shop grand opening over the weekend.  My old ones died after Sky's trip to the pumpkin patch.  They came home with cracks and holes in them that left me feet soaking wet.

  Thank you for my Mucks Babe!

It wasn't raining or cold, but I just had to test them out.  I'm thankful that Mark insist I get insulated boots, and suggested the shorter length as well.  So much easier to drive in!  Totally feel like I could run in them they are that comfy!  

Actually I think I owe Sky some running in puddles time!  She lost it at stroller group today.  Had a melt down, which never really happens, when I asked her what was wrong she said, "I just want to run with you Mommy...no stroller"!  My heart melted on the spot.  Yeah, I think some Sky running time is on the agenda!  

-----------------------
Ever been to Bass Pro Shop?  
It's pretty impressive!



No comments: