Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Walk In The Park

We have been to the park a lot lately! I have new trail shoes to break in, so far just been walking in them to get a feel for them, and Sky, and the dogs, have energy to burn. So, every time there is a break in the rain, or the sun comes out we drop everything and head to the park. Thankfully it's only two or three minutes tops from out house and has miles, and miles of trails and paved paths to enjoy.

If not for being so close to the park and being able to walk when I want I would lose my mind over the lack of running!


"That tree is sick Mommy".

 My munchkin...she loves picking our path.

Mark had the next day off  and the sun was out, so we took the dogs and the munchkin and burned some energy. Bishop (black dog) had an appointment with the vet last week to evaluate his health issues/quality of life. He's 14, going on 15 and was in visible pain (the last walk we did with him a week or so ago was a disaster). But, with new pain meds on board he is doing so much better, and was able to go on a decent walk. We let him set the pace and cut it short so he didn't do too much (he was gimpy the next day) but, it's like he's a whole new old dog, for however long it lasts.   



Bishop and I were pretty far behind the faster family members so I missed the family photo op that this view provided. I love how the branches arch over the path. In the summer these trails are the perfect cover/shade from the sun on really hot days...perfect for trail running!



Loving my new Brooks Cascadia's! Lot's of walking right now, but as soon as Silas is a little better on the leach I'm hitting the trails with him every chance I get. He's a great running partner, still pulls a bit too much and swerves into me.


I still have mostly road races in the next few months, but after May I plan on taking it back to the trails for more of my runs. It's how I started, it makes my heart happy, and I think it will be kinder to my back/body. I'll still road run, but just need more balance in my running life.

Speaking of running, this is just about how every run goes. 3 miles, and it's a fast run if I get close to 10. I'm going to keep plugging away at it short and slowly.



The watch seems to be working again, but I'm taking photos of the finish screen just because I like tracking miles/progress over the year.

I enjoy my walks with Sky so much. She's just so happy to be outside exploring and picking our trail. Plus she talks a lot, I hear all sorts of things about school and what goes on in her head. I have a feeling we will be walking a lot as she goes through rough patches growing up. 


No comments: