Monday, January 26, 2015

Run In The Sun & Other Weekend Fun

We had one of those unheard of warm, sunny winter days in the PNW yesterday. I am so thankful our morning run plan didn't work out and we rescheduled for the afternoon. The weather just kept getting nicer, and nicer and by the time 2pm rolled around I was giddy!

Love my new run vest...thank you Dad! I could have skipped it since it was so warm, but I'm glad I finally got to test it out.

Instead of a chilly, dark run we enjoyed the sun and the view. I don't know if it was the sun, the fact we didn't talk much, or that we just feel better running in the afternoon, but that's the quickest pace we've had on that particular route in a very long time. Best part is I feel pretty good. I have doubled my stretching, foam rolling, and trigger pointing before and after runs in an effort to maintain the progress I'm making since the accident...man it takes a lot of time, but it's worth it!


Something about this view just makes running easier.

The perfect way to end a fun weekend full of friends, food & wine! I finally started feeling a little bit excited about the training schedule that starts in a few weeks. I've been pretty worried about not being ready for it etc. But, I think yesterday's run is just what I needed to remind myself how enjoyable running can be and how good it makes me feel. I know most of our runs will not be in warm sunny weather the next few months, but I'm still looking forward to it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sky had her first official sleep over, in her room, this weekend. The Beckham girls have slept over before, but we have never put them all in Sky's room for bed time. I wasn't sure how well that would work, but after a few minutes of giggles and voices all 3 were out and even slept in the next morning! 

One of the things I appreciate the most about the girls is there is very little squabbling. I know siblings have moments, but those two do great with us, and they handle Sky really well. Grace can get Sky to do anything, and they both deal with the whims of a 3 year old perfectly. 

It worked out that they had back to back open houses at their house Fri night and Sat afternoon, because the girls stayed with us overnight, and all day Sat through dinner. Sky was thrilled to have them to play with, which allowed me to get all the laundry and dishes done.   

We didn't think it was possible to get another dog that likes to cuddle as much as Bishop, but Silas has him beat. He is the most cuddly dog I've ever seen, it's totally his happy place, and Sky and Grace's as well. 

 
I finally got to use my new pasta pot and sauce that I received for Christmas! It also came with a good bottle of Chianti that I was more than happy to share with everyone. I had been waiting until we had friends over to open the sauce because...well that's a lot of pasta sauce for just the three of us. I still ended up freezing a lot of it but it's nice to have a bunch of spaghetti sauce ready to heat up for quick easy dinners. I must find more of that sauce because it was good, and I LOVE my new pot! It has as steaming basket as well, so now all I want to do is steam veggies and make huge pots of soup. 

---------------------------------

Sky is the best little Steelers fan ever. She doesn't care that the season has been done for weeks now, ok she doesn't actually know that or understand that part of the game yet, regardless she's all about her Steelers gear. Almost every day she picks something Steelers to wear for the day, and sometimes it's Mark's hat. Side note - she does this all on her own...I don't pick out her Steelers outfits as often as she does. 


Her hands are blurry because she was clapping along to her Steelers chant.

She insisted on wearing it to school. Normally it's a no go because I don't want hats getting lost or left, but she was insistent and in order to assure she had a good day as school, and didn't show up upset for her teachers to deal with I let her wear it. Most adorable Steelers fan ever!

---------------------------------------------

Hawks or Patriots in the SB?
There is no good answer here so I'll just say Go Steelers! :) 


 




No comments: