Saturday, January 3, 2015

How To Survive When Mommy and Munchkin are Sick

Whatever this cold is it sure is dragging on and on. Sky has been sick for two weeks, and I've been sick for about a week now. The worst part is the cough. It's killing my back, seriously have a rib out because of it. 

The really messed up thing about kiddo's being sick is they don't know how to be sick very well. Sky still needs an energy burn, and to get out of the house. Normally it's fine and I'm happy to take her to the park and explore trails to keep her away from the masses, but when I'm sick and don't feel like doing much other than staying in pj's and laying on the couch it's not fun for anyone. Why can't she just lay around with me all day?! 

So, I suck it up, put on real clothes and get the girl out and about for a few hours. 


She knew I wasn't feeling great and decided cake pops would make it all better. She specifically asked if we could go in and sit down. Getting out of the car and going in is a real treat for her. I probably shouldn't have shared our germs with Starbucks, but I did find a table away from everyone and we didn't stay long. 

Super thankful to have awesome new clothes to slip into when I need a quick "real" outfit to leave the house in. My style is mostly athletic as daily wear, but I'm stepping it up and adding boots, or ballet flats (not running shoes), and adding accessories to make it more of a real outfit. I have to say Athleta, and my Dad, are making it super easy to pull a put together, yet casual and comfy look. I have added some nicer tops and jeans as well to the wardrobe, but when I'm sick that's just too much to deal with! 

We stayed home sick for NYE just the three of us. I'm ok with that though. It makes it a little more special for Mark and I to spend the anniversary of the day we met together! Jan 1, 2010...15 years later and still happy and having fun on this amazing adventure!

 How I partied NYE...was in bed before midnight and didn't have any champagne. :(
 Thank Goodness friends gave us some fun games for Christmas so we had family game night and movies instead of partying in the new year. Sky was over the top excited about the Doc McStuffins Operation game!

She doesn't exactly get the point...she likes making is buzz.


I made missing champagne at midnight by making sparkling poinsettia's for breakfast New Years Day, and cooking breakfast for us.

I knew New Years Day was going to be spent watching college football all day long...always has been my favorite day of the year!....so Sky and I bundled up and went to the park to burn some energy before the football fest started. Don't let the sun fool you...it was cold, really cold!

 This view never gets old!


I'm taking advantage of her small burst of energy, and my small windows of feeling like being active enough to get out of the house, to make sure we don't go stir crazy. It's tough though because the melt down factor is sky hi when Sky's had enough. So, it's quick, close to home excursions and then back home to rest and recover.

Thank goodness for movies, football, hide and seek with all the lights off, operation, her new bed that still offers hours of play time, and Mark's zombie dice game. Oh, and wine...mostly for Mark dealing with two sick ladies in the house. We are getting through this, and I'm so ready for school and swimming to start back up next week. Ready for a regular schedule again! 

I hope everyone's New Year is off to a great start!

No comments: