Monday, January 17, 2011

Adoption Update

I think I’m still trying to process that Mark and I are going to be parents soon! We have been in the adoption process for two years and have had a few opportunities that ended up not working out. Most of the time has been spent with no news, no paperwork, nothing going on other than waiting.

At times is has been frustrating, exciting, and heartbreaking. Through it all I have maintained that it will be the right baby, the right birth mom, at the right time. And, now it seems it finally is the right situation for us all the way around!

Mark and I were able to meet the birth mother that we have been in contact with for the last few weeks. Through email we had asked and answered a lot of big important questions and a lot of getting to know you questions and answers that were not so “big”. I have enjoyed exchanging emails and getting to know her so much. She has a wonderful outlook on life and people and has very similar beliefs and values to us.

While I was a little bit nervous to meet her, I was more excited than anything. It felt like we were catching up with an old friend due to all the emails we had exchanged. We visited with her and her mother for 3 hours and I could have easily stayed and talked all day with them. They are both amazing people and I feel so very fortunate to have this birth mother in our life.

I feel fortunate that she thinks Mark and I will be good parents to her baby, and is trusting us with the responsibility of raising this little person. I feel so honored and humbled at the same time.

We hope to know this week if it is a boy or girl, and have a better idea of the due date. I so look forward to the updates that she gives us about the baby kicking, music it seems to like etc.

1 comment:

JR said...

Jen and Mark--I am so excited for you! Keep us posted, ok? Luv, Moo