Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thoughts on Running

-I am shocked every time I run at how much I'm enjoying it!

-Runners are super friendly! Especially when I'm running alone I always get a wave or a quick Hi.

-I prefer running in the rain and/or snow! Way less people out and let's face it I feel pretty bad a$$ running in the snow! (Michelle and I got caught in the snow last night and loved it!)

-My legs are sore All. The. Time. Just when they start to feel "normal" I go for another run.

-I would much rather run up hill than down, and actually walk most of the steep down hill's...it bothers my bad knee too much to run them.

-I love how much ground I can cover in my head when I'm running alone. Lot's of time to think and daydream or just clear the mind and enjoy putting one foot in front of the other.

-I feel a bit smug when I pass others on the trails.

-I also realize that I'm only running a 5K so the smugness is really not warranted. It is not like I'm super fast and/or running long distances. We are talking a little over 3 miles.

-Didn't realize how good it would feel to hit race mileage in a training run for the first time.

-I have gotten to the point that I'm willing to replace the Y with running, for 3 months anyway. I will suspend my Y membership this summer so I can run, walk, and bike to stay fit. Plus workout DVD's at home.

-The race the end of the month is a trail run...I don't want my shoes to be covered in mud! They are white, and are my gym shoes!

-Am I at the point that I need dedicated running shoes?

-Already wondering what our next race will be! :)