Thursday, January 20, 2011

Steelers Football/American Idol

This is a two part post...trying not to get behind in my thoughts!

Steelers:
This post is a bit delayed...with all the excitement about meeting the birth mother and thinking about baby stuff the Steelers vs Ravens game was overshadowed, which I'm fine with. Baby/adoption stuff is MUCH more important!

I do have to say though that I am so excited we put the Ravens in their place!!! All the trash talking and shirts with obscene gestures on them served the purpose of firing up the Steelers and while the game was ugly it ended in a win.

Now we just have to get past the Jets and it is SB time again. I can't tell you how excited I was the Jets beat the Pats. I was not feeling confident about our (or anyone else) ability to beat the Pats, but once again trash talking and media hype served a purpose in that game as well and the Jets were the ones that came out fired up ready to prove something.

While the Jets are a good team and they did manage to beat the Pats, I still feel so much more confident in the Steelers ability to beat the Jets at home! I'm looking forward to game time Sunday!

American Idol:
Mark and I usually watch the auditions and then we stop watching and if we do start again it is only after the top 10 have been decided and we are hit and miss at best. The last few years I couldn't care less about AI.

This year that is all different though. Now that Steven Tyler is one of the judges I will be watching every Wednesday and Thursday night to fuel my long standing crush on him.

I was a little afraid he would not look so good in high def, after all he is getting up there, but oh my did he look good last night! He still has that naughty sense of humor and great smile. I enjoyed every second of watching him last night during the auditions. He is hilarious and he knows what he is talking about when he gives the contestants feedback.

I was a little surprised actually at how much I liked him and JLo as judges and think that this year is going to be a lot of fun to watch!!

Sorry Mark...you have to put up with me watching ST twice a week. :)

No comments: