Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm Thankful....

...for a lot of things.  This Thanksgiving I'm keeping it simple though.  I could do the long list of things and people I'm thankful for, but this year it comes down to two people. 

To say I'm thankful to Crystal and Brian (Sky's birth mother and birth father) is hardly adequate.  I am thankful every second (even the early morning, 3 am seconds) of every day that I get to be Sky's mommy.  She is the most amazing little person in the world and she has changed my life for the better and completed our family.  

I'm thankful that when they were going over their options that they first of all chose life for Sky.  I can't imagine the world (and my world) without her in it.

Second, I'm thankful that they chose Mark and I to be her parents.  They gave us the most wonderful gift in the world when they entrusted us with the precious gift of our beautiful little girl. 

Sky brings joy not just to Mark and I, but to all her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and close friends.  She is a very loved little girl, and it started with her birth parents loving her enough to give her life and give Mark and I the gift of being her parents.

That's what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  I wish you lots of yummy food, good drink, and time with loved ones.   

 

No comments: