Thursday, March 22, 2012

10 Months

We have a 10 month old in the house!  It still feels so new and I still look at her in disbelief that we have a child.  She was a thought in our mind for years and at times it seemed like it would never happen and we still "pinch" ourselves to make sure it's real.

(At 4 am I have all the reminder I need that it's real!)

Life has changed so much in so many wonderful ways and I love all of it! 

Currently Sky is saying Dada, Mama, Baba (for bottle), singing all the time, dancing, free standing in the middle of the room for seconds at a time, using her taller toys to stand and walk across the room while pushing them (we don't have any tall rolling toys for her, but I'm going to fix that soon!).  She has also started whining when things aren't going her way, she understands no hit, no pinch, and no hair but that doesn't mean she always stops doing those things - when she does listen and stop she gets ton's of good girl positive reinforcement, she claps when she is happy or when she want's you to acknowledge how fabulous she is, she loves remotes, cell phones and laptops and she also loves Daddy's office - not that she is much help when he is working though. 

She is eating any and everything we put in front of her, this girl is not a picky eater at all.  She even had Cuban rice when we were in Key West.  She likes doing things herself and doesn't care for my help very much (just like me...I would rather do it myself and fail 100 times, but eventually figure it out for myself), her laugh has developed into more of a little girl laugh the last few weeks (Mark was sad when he heard her laugh after we got back from vacation because he could hear the change), she is still fascinated with her hands and will play with her fingers and look at her hands for 10 to 15 minutes (an eternity for a 10 month old) at a time. 

Sky is supper social and loves any and all attention she gets from anyone, but particularly from little people, specifically the 5 and under crowd.  She is the perfect mix of cuddle and loves and play alone for extended lengths of time.  She loves Ellen and ESPN, and Mark thinks she enjoys hunting shows, but I'm not so sure about that. 

I could go on and on about how wonderful our little girl is.  I still get up excited every day to see what she is going to do and what new thing she will learn.  We have so much fun together, she even makes cleaning the house fun. 

I love you little girl and love every day I get to spend with you!

1 comment:

popeye said...

i WILL FOREVER BE GRATEFUL TO VAL FOR THE CRUISE FOR THE SAME REASONS THAT YOU DESCRIBED SKY. sHE IS ALL YOU SAY, AND MORE. i GOT TO SEE HER FIRST STEPS, HER FIRST TIME TO SAY MAMA. ON THE PLANE WHEN I WAS HOLDING HER AND SHE WANTED YOU EVERY TIME SHE WOULD SAY MAMA AND LEANED TOWARD YOU. SHE MAKES FRIENDS EASY, AND WITH EVERYONE. SHE GOT HER FIRST BOYFRIEND, A LITTLE TWO YEAR OLD WHO IS SO INFATUATED WITH SKY. IVE NEVER SEEN A HAPPIER CHILD. I AM SO FORTUNATE TO HAVE THAT TIME TOGETHER. I MISS HER ALREADY.