Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful Sky and I are packed and ready to go. 

The only thing left to do is pack the toiletries that have to wait until the last minute.  Not only are we packed, but Sky and I are both in one suitcase!  I may be wearing the same three outfits the whole week, but so be it...I was more concerned with making room for my work out cloths than having an outfit for every day.

It helps that the stroller bag has a ton of extra room in it so all the diapers, wipes and formula fit in there.  I'm not even going to contemplate what a pain in the a$$ it will be if that particular items gets lost in transit and doesn't land in Miami with me.  My plan is to pack enough food and diapers in the carry on (along with a couple of outfits) to get Sky through flying all day Saturday until lunch time Sunday.  That way if anything does get lost as least Sky will be taken care of until I can make a quick shopping trip.  

Tomorrow I plan on getting all the laundry done and cleaning up.  I hate coming home from vacation to a messy house.  I know Mark still has to be able to live and be comfortable while I'm gone, but at least all my stuff and all Sky's stuff will be neat and clean, and stay that way. 

Not to rub it in or anything, but I'm also really thankful that we leave on Saturday and the next round of snow is coming a day or two later.  I don't mind the snow, but I'm really ready for some hot sunny weather! 

No comments: