Friday, March 2, 2012

Random

-Shout out to my sister and brother-in-law, they are running the Napa Valley Marathon Sunday! 

-A new challenge started in class on Monday, the fact I'm not mentioning it until today tells how into it I am.  I think I'm already putting so much effort and energy into my running that I don't feel overly motivated to take it too seriously. 

-I hate dog $hit on my stroller tires!  People who don't clean up after their dogs need a  red hot poker in a sensitive place!

-This time next week I will be packed and ready to fly to Miami (is it strange that I hear Will Smith singing in my head every time I say or type Miami?) to go on my first cruise. 

-I got two new pairs of good running socks.  I only had one before and I was going crazy trying to wash them between each run.  Now I have three pair, one for each run during the week.  I need more, but will worry about that after vacation. 

-I'm headed back to being blonde!  Tiffany did a great job getting a lot of the red out and adding some blonde.  There are a few more steps to go, but it looks good so far.  Also have a shorter and much more layered cut.  A pic would be nice wouldn't it,but alas I don't have one.  I will work on that. 

-Sky is feeling much better, totally into everything and flirting with every single person that crosses her path.  I bet a pic of her would be nice as well.  Sorry...don't have one.  I will work on that as well. 

-My training runs are now officially longer than any races I have done.  Which means I feel like I need to eat and (not) drink like I would for a race 3 times a week. 

-The heater in our trailer is fixed!  No more cold camping.  (Just kidding, we have a portable heater that worked perfectly, but with Sky crawling all over the place that portable heater was a tragedy waiting to happen).

-It's almost March Madness!!!  So excited.

-Steelers have been cleaning house the last few days...I get it, but don't always like it.

-Would people look at me like I'm crazy if I come back from vacation with dreadlocks?  Sort of a must while in Jamaica no?

-I had a Monte Cristo sandwich for the first time yesterday, and I don't know how I survived 36 years without them in my life!  That is my post 1/2 meal!!!  Can't wait for May 6th!

-#1 piece of travel advice I don't need...don't let any strangers walk off with your baby.  Because I would do that...just sit there and watch them walk away with my baby.  I would even pack the diaper bag for them. 

-Is it football season yet?!!!

2 comments:

popeye said...

With Aaron and I can you imagine the havoc we would unleash if anyone even got too close to one of our children. With your hands on training, and the lethal training I have received in law enforcement coupled with our tenacity Aaron,s role would be back up, or should I say mop up. You know with the training and the vigil alertness I have developed we will be on top of this. Besides, I have talked with our swat members and our special opts members and they say that Jamaica is on top of this. It is not like Mexico. Jamaica values the American tourist dollar and pays special attention to these kinds of things. However, special opts here has advised us not to leave the tourist spots. Plus, we are visiting the best parts to tour when in Jamaica. I have had to go hands on with the most lethal Mexican mofia sorenos and nortenos out of southern California and they don’t last but seconds into it. Not only do we get those as contract inmates but we get federal inmates that no prison system in the USA will take. Yah, I may be turning 60, but when people bring this subject up you can still say--Have you seen my DAD? I am getting so excited for this trip. Work out--eat--hours on end with the grandkids-eat--sleep--eat--getting chased by beautiful women in grass skirts. No kidding--when I was at the academy there was a law officer from Jamaica at the same academy. He told me a thousand times I need to go to Jamaica cause the women there love big, buff and swole white guys. The cool thing is--V al is not jealous and finds the whole thing funny. I cant wait to spend this time with everyone.

popeye said...

I told Your dad that u, Alanna, Carrie and I will stand back ang protect him incase one tries to carry him off, with your lethal training, Alanna's Yoga, Carrie's training with troubled kids, and a pissed off Wife if somebody crosses that line he should be pretty safe. I told him just to make sure he isnt carrying Sky as he would have 4 really pissed off women. We are so looking forward to spending this time with the whole family. This will be a trip we will all talk about, and memories we will be making as a big happy family, small but happy. I love u sweetie, see u soon Val