Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Two New Races Added

I'm excited, I just registered for two more races this year! 

My June race is the Sound To Narrows: http://www.multicare.org/home/sound-to-narrows

I did this race last year (was my first solo race), but I did the 5K, this year I'm doing the whole, hilly thing...12K!  This will be my first race after the 1/2, so hoping 7ish miles seems easy breezy after doing the 1/2. 

Super excited about my August Race...Tacoma Dirty Dash!!!  Yes, that means mud, lots and lots and lots of MUD!  There is beer included as well though, so I'm looking forward to that.  One of Mark's co-workers is doing a team, so he hooked us up and I joined her team.  They walk it, which I may do if I have a beer at every beer station along the course, but if I'm feeling super athletic I may run it, but that sort of defeats the purpose of being part of a team.  The fun part is watching everyone get through the mud!  http://www.thedirtydash.com/

Now I just need to find a July race then I will still be on track for my race a month through August at least.  There is talk of doing the Warrior Dash in July, but it's $75...I want to do it, really want to...but that is sort of a lot of $$ for a 5K, even if it does have obstacles.  Plus I already have a mud run in August...do I want to do two of those type of races in a row?  But, I really want to be able to say I'm a Warrior...I have heard they are the hardest of those type of races and it would be an accomplishment to finish it. 

Who knows.  I will continue contemplating. 


No comments: