Monday, March 5, 2012

Proud Older Sister

I was holding off from blogging for two reasons. 
1.  I want/need to post updated pics of Sky
2.  I have really only been logging on to see if my sister had posted her race re-cap and pics from the race.  Here is the link to her race re-cap: http://lathamsontherun.blogspot.com/2012/03/napa-valley-marathon-recap.html

I love her race re-caps.  She is always very, very honest about the challenges, the successes, the fun things about running and the not-so fun things about running.  I love how giddy she gets about meeting and listening to big names in the running world!  She is not a very star struck person, but pro runners are a big deal.  :)

And, I always, always cry. 

I cry because I am so proud of her, I don't even know if she knows how proud of her I am.  I'm inspired by her strength and determination and her ability to run through pain.  I know what her starting point was and how much effort her, and her husband, have put into being healthy and using running as a way to lose weight and be healthy.  And, lastly if it were not for her kids running 5K's I wouldn't have started running.  She (and her husband)  inspired her kids and her kids inspired me and for that I am thankful.   

Tracking her during the marathon was really hard.  I knew her injury was worse than she had let on and knowing she was in pain was difficult.  I know how hard she works and trains for her races and my hope with every race she does is that she will enjoy it, not be in pain and feel good about her effort and finish time.  To know that was not going to happen with this race, before it even started, was hard.  But, she had one goal and that was to finish and she did that!  And, the finish line video she took is funny! 

I'm really proud of you Beth, and Brian too!  I love you guys!

2 comments: