Thursday, April 19, 2012

Good News and Thankful Thursday

All kinds of good news this week. 

Our friends Jon and Winona found out the offer they put on a house was accepted!  There have been some complications with the house, so they have been very patient waiting, and waiting to hear if it was a go.  I'm so very happy for them. 

My BIL was offered the perfect job for him yesterday!  So relieved and excited for my sister and the family.  Now they can relax and focus on their Ultra Marathon (by marathon I mean mountain climbing run) this Saturday. 

My good news is also what I'm thankful for...Sky has been working on two top teeth, and while I can tell she is a little more persnickety than usual, she has been a complete dream considering how bad it could be.  Yea for drama free teething! 

My other good news...I have been stressed and very reluctant to move her up to the next car seat.  Yes, I'm a bad mom...I was sticking with the original car seat that attaches to the stroller for as long as possible.  She has actually been over the weight limit (only by a pound or maybe 2) for some time.  But, given how small my backseat is in my car and how crammed things were I assumed that the next car seat would be even worse.  Well surprise, surprise it actually fits better!!!  Now my car is back to being a little more comfortable for the front seat passenger. 

Do you have any idea how happy I am that my knees will no longer be jammed into the dash board.  I mean literally jammed into the dash board. 

On tap for the weekend I have this race lined up: http://www.rustonway5k.com/

Even though I have not run since last Friday's 12 miles I am going to go for a new PR.  My current 5K PR is 27 and some change.  I'm going to go for 25.  This is a flat, flat, flat course and since I'm supposed to run 9 miles Saturday and am only doing 3.1 I'm going to push, push, push and go all out.  I have been so focused on distance not speed, and have not been going to class regularly so my sprinting speed may not be what I need it to be in order to hit 25.  I'm pretty stubborn though.    

Please knee don't fail me...it hurt bad just from the walk I did Tuesday.  But, I went to the Chiro yesterday, and am going again tomorrow and have my pre-race massage set for tomorrow.  So I'm determined that I'm going to be ready to run and feel good...and set a new PR.  



No comments: