Friday, April 20, 2012

Shout Out...

...To my running hero and inspiration (my sister) and her husband who are running this race tomorrow: http://www.brazenracing.com/diablo.html 

Did I mention it's their first 50K?  Oh, and it's only 7,000 plus feet of elevation gain.  No Big Deal.

As if that's not enough it's also going to be a bazillion degrees for them tomorrow.  Ok, it's really only going to be in the 80's, but still that is too darn hot.  (I'm not happy about the 67 in the forecast for my race tomorrow...65 or under please and thank you!!!) 

All I know is I'm glad it's them and not me.  Give me my flat, easy 5K (and a new PR) tomorrow over 50K any day!!!

I will be thinking of them still out on the hot trail after I'm finished, home with a beer, enjoying the sun with my feet up (because I have time to be lazy like that).  Just kidding, the reality is I check her blog every 5 minutes, check my email every 4, and keep my phone in my pocket until I hear that they have finished and are uninjured.

So, while I have my own little race to run I will be thinking of my sister and BIL and wishing them speedy feet, boiled/salted potato slices (I heard a rumor you may have to settle for french fries instead), lot's of water, strong legs for the up hill, and shock absorbing knees for the downhill.  Oh, and sun block, I wish them lot's and lot's of sun block.

I will be waiting on pins and needles to hear that you finished!   

No comments: