Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Race-less In Lakewood

My race this weekend was in Wenatchee and since there is a raging wild fire, and air quality warnings I'm no longer running a race in Wenatchee. 

The race director has not officially cancelled the race, but Dad and I have officially decided that regardless of an official cancel or not, it's not worth the risk.  The current warning says that kids (Sky) and those with respiratory issues/sensitivities (Dad) should stay inside, all others should wear breathing masks while outside. 

Even if the fire is contained or put out tomorrow or Friday there is still going to be smoke in the air and I really don't feel like exposing Sky to it, or breathing it in myself while pushing for a PR. 

So, the race is off, but I will be showing support to my Stroller Fit Mommie friends while they run a 1/2 in Tacoma this weekend. 

And, Dad will still get Sky time as he will drive over here instead. 

So it all works out.  Plus, I now get to run tomorrow and Friday, and Saturday if I want...I was not liking taking rest days leading up to the race!

No comments: