Friday, September 14, 2012

The Joy of Cooking







The newest addition to my cook book library!  I read it for over an hour the other night and can't wait to cook some meals from it. 

Talk about a great tool!  It is more like an encyclopedia than a cook book.  There are diagrams on place settings for formal, casual, holiday dinning, a whole section on how to field dress wild game you kill, diagrams on how to truss a chicken, menus for camping/holiday's/cocktail party and on and on.

Did you know that when the first edition of Joy was published veal was less expensive than chicken?!  Crazy.

It has been sitting out on the counter since I got it, and every time I walk by I feel the need to tough it and open to a random page and start reading.  

I'm a kitchen geek I know...can't help it.   

   

No comments: