Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2013 Races

I was reading the latest Runner's World and is suggested that January is the month to plan your race year. 

Why not get a jump on that and just do it now?!  In an effort to make sure I can afford to do the races I want to I have 2013 planned and the early registration discount dates marked!  I have it all written down in my Runner's World Calendar!  

January:
19 - No Sun Fun Run - 5k and it is totally 100% fast and a great PR course!  I hope the Elya, who has been wanting to PR a 5K, will want to do this one.  I would love to shoot for another 5K PR myself, but even more I would love to pace her to help her get her PR!  Plus it's only like $20!

February - Nothing

March:
9 - Foothills Dash 5 and 10K - in Orting on the Orting Trail.  Not registered for this, am thinking about it.  It's another flat, fast, paved course, and I have yet to do a road 10K.  Would kinda like to see what my road 10K time is.  This one is only $15 I think if you register early, and in the Pierce County Parks office, which is in Lakewood! 

30 - Dash Point Trail Run several distances.  I did the 10K last year and LOVED this run!  It is so pretty, and was one of the muddiest most challenging from a footing perspective trail runs I have done...so much fun!  I remember I ran it a little scared because it was my last trail run before my 1/2 and I was really worried about twisting an ankle or something.  Not registered yet...again thinking about it.  Would like some company for this one, it's just too fun a course to not do with friends! 

April & May - Nothing - will be focusing on the training plan for the mile heavy second half of the year, working out any injuries (if there are any) breaking in new shoes etc.  I want everything to be in good working order for the June - September stretch of races I have planned.     

June:
8 - Sound Two Narrows 12K - Deferred entry from last year.  This one is confirmed and it's my first 12K so will be a PR no matter what.  I'm shooting for 70 minutes or less...it's a way hilly course.   

July:
14 - See Jane Run Seattle 1/2 - registered and confirmed.  This will be my first 1/2 with Michelle, and my first of 3 1/2's in 90 days.  Elya and her friend Michelle have registered as well, and Michelle's brother may run this with us, so we will have friends on course with us!  

August:
3 - Tacoma Narrows 1/2 - Registration opens in March.  2nd 1/2 in 90 days and Elya and El are both on board for this one.  It starts at the GH Airport and ends downtown Tacoma...yep that means we run over the Narrows Bridge! 

September:
29 - Race For A Soldier 1/2 in Gig Harbor.  Registration isn't open yet, but I'm keeping an eye on it.  This will be the last of 3!  Elya is in for this one as well! 

October-Dec - Nothing...yet.  There are a lot of fun runs around here that time of year so I'm not ruling anything out.  Will depend on  how I'm feeling after running 3 1/2's. 

I'm super excited to run Michelle's first 1/2, and our first 1/2 together!  That is a highlight for next year. 

I'm also thankful that Elya will be joining me in the Half Fanatic goal.  It will be nice to know we are in it together! 

This is subject to change as I don't have a single mud run or obstacle course on here and I would love to do at least one.   Just depends on dates...not going to do anything to mess up the 1/2 marathon schedule I have planned. 

Sorry no pics...makes for a boring post. 




No comments: