Saturday, December 15, 2012

Race Day

It's my first race with Sky today!  It's cold here, everything is frozen this morning.  So we will both be bundled up.  I'm once again thankful that Sky has such a nice jogging stroller that is fully enclosed.  She will be nice and warm!

I spent some time last night running Christmas ribbon through the spokes of the wheels and will have pics of our first mommy daughter race later today. 

After yesterday it seems that much more special to be sharing something I love with my little girl.  It's a sad day when I'm thankful my Dad is no longer a teacher, but is a corrections officer instead.  I think he is actually safer on the inside with the convicts.

As a parent it is so hard to find the balance of "I want to keep you safe and protect you" and "I need to let you grow and let you go".  

Sky and I met a friend yesterday and he is so calm and level about things.  While I know he was angry and upset about what happened his plan of action calmed me.  The next PTA meeting he is asking what the security plan is for his daughters school, what is the lock-down plan, how are parents notified, what is the school going to do to prevent a shooting and how will they handle it if something does happen.

It helped me realize that we can protect and keep safe to a point.  After that all you can do is be informed and prepared.     

My heart goes out to those lost, those left hurting, and those left that have to find a way to get back to normal. 



 

No comments: