Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Little Trail Runner

Despite Sky and I both getting over being sick, and it being really cold outside, I knew she had to get out of the house and stretch her legs.  Since I'm trying to keep her away from other kiddos until we are both 100% that left one alternative...a visit to the park. 

 Just us and the ducks.

Since I pretty much despise the playground at Ft. Steilacoom I parked as far away as possible in the hopes Sky would be content with walking.  It worked in that she didn't care about the playground at all.  But, it didn't work because I was trying not to run, to give my lungs a rest, and all she wanted to do was run.

So, I did the only thing I could, I let her run for an hour!  I lagged way behind most the time, walking fast enough to keep her in sight.  Even after an hour all I heard was, "I no done run, run.  I no done".

 She sat down on the trail to take in this view.

 She ducked down and said, "I hide wind", it was really blowing and she was getting cold by this point.


    She's deciding how much I meant it when I told her not to jump in the puddle.

I love the picture on the left, she was standing there letting the wind blow in her face, just like a dog!
 The story of my Mommy life...always chasing after her trying to keep up!

I woke up feeling much better today.  My lungs don't burn and I'm not coughing nearly as much, so the rest day must have been just what I needed.  I'm back at it today though with what is going to be a chilly stroller group run!  I've said it before (and will probably say it a million times more), but I'm so thankful we have the jogging stroller we do.  It's nice that I can bundle Sky up, pile on the blankets, put the cover on, and know she is warm and protected from the cold and wind.  

I really feel like if it's going to be this cold it should just snow!  

Any other snow lovers out there? 

No comments: