Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Little Bits of Merry

This last weekend was the traditional weekend to put up Christmas decorations and trees.  Unless you're like me and went full on Christmas Spirit a month ago.  Anyway, I thought I would share just a few simple decorations from around the house.  

We actually have 3 large storage bins full of decorations, but once they are spread throughout the house it doesn't seem like that much.  It's amazing how cheering just a little red and green can make things!  

This is my favorite Christmas item!  My Grandma made it and every time I see it I think of her and smile.  I remember the huge smile she had the last Christmas we got to spend with her.  She was like a kid in a candy shop!  She was one of those Grandma's that could DIY anything and everything.  To this day I treasure every handmade item/gift of hers that I have.  

We don't have a chimney, not that Sky even realizes what that is all about.  I thought this was cute though especially since it was only $1 at the dollar store!  Once Sky is a bit older we will hang it outside Christmas Eve.  Seriously check out the dollar store for Holiday decorations!    


I used Christmas printed tape and Instagram pictures to make a Christmas tree on the freezer door.  It's so simple and almost silly, but it added a nice Christmas touch to a large white appliance!  I do believe I got this idea from A Beautiful Mess (ABS).  

P.S. All pictures have been edited with the A Beautiful Mess App.  I'll get this out of my system soon!  There are just so many cool tools to play with.  And, no I'm not a spokesperson nor have I been asked by anyone to talk about ABS as much as I have the last few posts. 

When do you decorate for Christmas?  

Christmas lights...colored or white?  
I like white lights the best, blue and green second.

Do you have a real tree or fake?
Fake.

Does anyone get flocked trees anymore?  
I have never seen one in real life in anyone's house! 

Does your house look like Santa and the elves moved in, or is it subtle Christmas Cheer?  

 

No comments: