Monday, July 27, 2015

Friends, Family, Wine

I don't think there is a better way to spend a weekend than with family you love, friends that are family, yummy food, good wine, lot's of sun, water, boats, and airplanes.

I have not been to the boat races (hydroplanes) in E WA in a very long time. I was trying to figure it out and the best guess is I was kid, like single digit to my age kid...so it's been a very, very long time.

Gosh I had so much fun hanging out at the river all day, watching the air show and the boats race past. Friday is the "free" day. It's the practice air show, and the time trials with only the last two races of the day being "real" races. Way less crowded for sure, and much more enjoyable for someone like me who doesn't really enjoy crowds.

Going Friday freed up Saturday for winery hopping...my favorite thing! My other favorite thing...coming home to cooler weather. The plants and garden are very happy indeed.

 Red Solo Cup of goodness! 

 Michelle and Sky

 Brilliant idea...moving our chairs into the river! 

F16 overhead...was so cool! 

 Rose at Tucannon Cellers

 14 Hands Winery...their reserve wines are amazing! The above pic is not a reserve wine, I had already tasted & purchased when Michelle & the girls and I stopped in on the drive over a few days before. 

The adult part of the gang enjoying 14 Hands on Saturday. So nice to have kid free time for all of us! 

 The girls enjoying the water feature at 14 Hands Thursday on the drive over. 

 Out of order, but this is how much fun Sky had at the river watching the boats! 

 Big glasses...the theme of the weekend. 

 Treveri Cellars is on the way to my Aunt and Uncles...it's my new favorite pit stop! Champagne cocktails for the win! 


Easily one of the most fun drives to E WA ever! Leaving early with the girls, and stopping along the way to enjoy ourselves was perhaps one of the best ideas ever. Not to mention all the entertainment coming out of the back seat with a Frozen sing along, and other fun and games. So much fun from start to finish. 

Thank you to Mark, Bob, and Michelle for sharing your pics!  

No comments: