Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for gentle reminder to adjust my attitude. 

Last week when I took Sky to the Dr. for her third case of nurse maid elbow one of the suggestions the Dr. made was to use a leash with Sky.  It would keep us from having to hold her hand in parking lots etc. and from pulling on her arms when she goes one way and we go the other. 

My first thought was HE!! NO!  My second thought was I have been unfairly judgmental towards parents that do use a leash. 

I'll be honest I think leashes are for dogs not children.  We have a dog and if I want to walk something on a leash I'll take Bishop for a walk.  It's my job as a parent to pay attention and not let Sky run around like a wild child when it's not appropriate to do so.  Long before we had her we decided that baby leashes were not something we would use as parents.

Not only that I'll admit I don't like seeing other parents use them either, it just seems lazy to me.  But, as soon as Dr. S made the suggestion I realized I have been way judgmental about this for no good reason. 

Maybe some of those leash using parents were told the exact same thing by their Dr. for the same reason.  It's not hurting their kids, it's not a form of abuse, and better they be safe on a leash than running in front of cars.   

Really I need to focus on parenting Sky and not be judgmental about how others choose to parent their children.  Just another reminder to myself that parenting is hard enough without others looking on in judgment. 

Sky says....


...I don't know anything about leashes, but I do know about tickle time!  What you don't see pics of is the EPIC fit that happened when I was done with tickle time.  Bad, bad, bad.  Finally just put her in her crib and let her work it out for about an hour.  Oh the emotional swings of a 2 year old. 

No running today even though I want to really, really, really bad.  Grocery shopping and laundry instead.  :(  But, I will post pics tomorrow of why I want to go for a run so badly!

Oh, one last thing if you do choose to follow on intsagram HERE is the direct link to my profile, so you don't have to go through that strange followgram thing that I posted the link to yesterday.  This whole thing is new to me, so I'm still not sure what I'm doing.  Why I'm doing it you may be asking...more on that later, like tomorrow later! 

No comments: