Friday, March 6, 2015

TGIF!

It's a sunny Friday and that makes me happy! No school or lessons today, Friday is sort of our free day to play or just do whatever. It's nice to have one day a week open to whatever pops up, it's even better that's it's beautiful in the PNW right now. And, even better that two of my favorite people sent texts asking for fun time today!

TGIF indeed...it's always nice to kick off the weekend with some wine!

It's hard to believe that I'll be drinking wine in SB in about 2 months! Until then I got this yummy bottle of Riesling at Trader Joe's for $4.99! That's a great deal for a nice Riesling. We are not huge white wine fans, but this one is good without being too sweet, so it get's my stamp of approval!

Oh, and I'll be running a 1/2 in SB as well, I guess it's not all about the wine even though it's a wine half marathon.


Traveling to run a half = running away I think. This training cycle is starting out rough so I'm super thankful I have an awesome trip to SB, with my BF, I'll get to visit my sis in law and her boys, and I get to run what is going to be a mostly flat/downhill race through beautiful vineyards. Seriously thinking about how awesome the reward will be is the only thing keeping me going. If this were a local race I would probably scrap the whole darn thing.

I don't even know how to convey how hard this silly little 5 miles at that pace felt. It's hard to not let it get to me mentally. Those numbers are so far from where I was after the last half I ran. I keep telling myself that I have to let that go. There's been injury and illness since that last race and this is a comeback. To be running at all is an accomplishment. I'm trying really hard to trust the training, stick the plan (only .5 miles off from the total miles for the week, so I'm catching up quicker than I thought after being sick), and believe that I will be ready for race distance and pace when the gun goes off.

Have to keep the big picture in mind!

Something funny on my run yesterday...


There was a plunger in the outhouse. I don't even understand how that would work, or why it would be needed. I don't think I want to understand actually. I'm predicting that is the least used plunger in the state. I mean, why, just why would you need a plunger in an outhouse?!

I'm going to try to photograph and odd or funny thing every run...maybe that will help keep my mind off of how hard it feels right now.

-----------------------

Cute Sky Pic....

She loves that yellow Steelers dress and picks it out for school at least once a week. Her teachers get a kick out of it. She also loves tromping around the house in Mark's work boots. So silly.

-----------------
Anyone have fun Friday or weekend plans?

Who's running this weekend?
6 mile training run Sat am and a 2.5 easy shake out Sunday for me.

No comments: