Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Relay For Life Fundraiser!

Some of you may know that I volunteer with Relay For Life for 19 years...that's actually my longest standing relationship. ;-)


Relay 2014. 

When I started volunteering with Relay I didn't have a personal connection with cancer, I just wanted to do something good, and put my energy towards raising money to find a cure. Sadly, over the years, I have had multiple co-workers, family members, friends, and friends of friends do battle with cancer. Now I want to make sure Sky never hears "You have cancer".

It's part of why I sit on the Institutional Review Board for MultiCare Health System. Raising money, organizing teams, and chairing the Relay event was no longer enough for me. I wanted to play a more active roll in the research side of things. Because...that's where it's at folks. Research is going to cure cancer, and I want to be part of that. I'm no Dr. or scientist though, so the best fit for me was to help review research protocols, and assure the safety of human test subject, and monitor the validity of the research.

It all takes money though. There has to be funding to make the research happen! The American Cancer Society, via thousands of Relay For Life events around the world, is a huge fundraising machine that feeds the research that is finding cures (HPV vaccine that prevents cervical cancer = ACS funded research!), better treatment options (better results with less side effects), and services that support those going through cancer and those caring for them.

I'm still part of a Relay For Life team...Team Schulte. Aaron was a young (20's) man who was friends with our friends (Bob & Michelle). Sadly I never had the opportunity to meet Aaron because colon cancer took his life way, way too early. But, I know he was an amazing person because I have seen first had the impact he has made to those that knew him, and were lucky enough to call him friend.

Team Schulte participates in Relay in Aaron's memory and I'm proud to be part of the team. April 30th we are holding a fundraising event with Stella & Dot and Jamberry Nails (full disclosure I'm the consultant for Jamberry Nails).

A portion of every sale from both Stella & Dot (50%) and Jamberry Nails (10% from Jamberry directly and 40% of my commission) will be donated directly to the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Lakewood through Team Schulte.

If you are local to the Tacoma area let me know if you would like to attend, there will be wine and snacks! If not please consider supporting our efforts by shopping these links: Stella & Dot or Jamberry Nails

Now is the time to shop for yourself, for mothers day, think ahead to anniversary/birthday/Christmas gifts and get your shopping done early!

Here are a few of my favorite things from each line!




I love the Silver Sutton and was happy to earn it when I hosted a party last month! I wear it all the time and love all the different ways to style it. Check out the link to see how many different ways you can wear it! The majority of Stella & Dot pieces can be worn in multiple ways, it's so versatile!


I also earned the Bianca Earrings and love how I can make them a simple little hoop if I want to. Makes them perfect for every day!

A few of my Jamanicures the last few months...if nails are not your thing they make great gifts for others, and there is Lacquer, hand care items (scrub, lotion etc), polish remover etc.




Country Club this one is my favorite by far. LOVE it! 


Sheets of wraps are $15 each and are buy 1 get 1 fee. If you would like more info or help shopping to support the fundraising let me know, I'm happy to help! 

---------------------

Anyone else have fundraising efforts they participate in?

No comments: