Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thankful Thursday

Things I'm Thankful For Today:

-Not getting honked at and flipped off because of smoke billowing from my car.

-She has been taking naps a few times a week the last few weeks. I'd sort of forgotten how nice nap time is for me. I can get so much done, or ready almost half a book, when I'm not interrupted.

Did she fall off or did he push her? I have no idea but she slept through it.

-An unexpected morning in Seattle, in the sun, with frozen yogurt, and play time. She's a pretty fun sidekick. I could have gotten so much done around the house, but it felt good to skip out and visit one of my favorite stores in Seattle. Even if they didn't have what I wanted it was still fun.


-Cuddle time. I'm not kidding when I say we sit in that chair together for at least an hour a day. An hour of no tv, phones, or computers, just the two of us hanging out. It's the best part of my day. She has started making up stories to tell me, and we talk about Bishop a lot...how's he's doing in doggy heaven and if she can visit him..., we practice letters and counting, and spend time making silly faces at each other. And, sometimes we just sit, and don't say or do anything. Just hug each other and enjoy the silence. 



-Time in the sun reading some of my fave magazines. It's like a little 30 minute mini vacation in the middle of the day!


-The shoes in the above pic. For real I wear them EVERY day. They are so comfortable, and cute! It's really nice to have a supportive, comfortable shoe to wear the day(s) after a long run. My legs and feet are usually worn out, and the best shoe choice is not the most fashionable (older pair of running shoes so I'm getting the support I need while recovering). I don't like wearing running shoes with "outfits" unless I'm actually running. These shoes have fit the bill nicely...TY Dad! 

-Silas and Sky and how tolerant they are of each other. She pulls on his tail, jumps on him, chases him, grabs his leg as he walks past - and he jumps on her, knocks her over all the time, chews her toys, and smacks her with his tail. Despite all that they love each other.

 Lounging in the sun enjoying the warm rocks. Only a 3 year old would find this comfortable!

-Flowers in the planter boxes. 

-An herb garden that is ready to plant. I can't wait to cook with my own herbs that I've grown!

-Finding calm moments in the middle of the business of life. 




No comments: