Monday, June 28, 2010

ER Visit

We had a really great weekend up until about 5:00 last night. Saturday we spent the day at Summerfest with Bob & Michelle and girls, Josh & Meka and kids, and then BBQ'd at our place after. Sunday we had Kickball playoffs and our first game was great!

We won, Mark played short stop, I played first base and I ended up being the MVP of the game! The whole Sons of Pitches team played amazing and was the game we have had all season! We knew our next team would be a hard team and we would have to be on our game. Bottom of the 3rd, we are down by one run and the kicker kicks the ball, not sure who fielded it and threw to me at first, but it was a low ball, so was on my knees getting the ball, and putting my hand on first base for the out, and then it happened. The runner ran threw the base and kicked me in the head with his shin or knee, still not sure about that detail, and then blood, lots and lots of blood.

I don't do well with blood, so I just laid there in the dirt while my wonderful husband is putting pressure on it and wrapping my head to stop the bleeding. My whole team was amazing, holding my hand, helping Mark, calling 911, and even talking to me so I would stay calm.

My first ambulance ride ever and my first time being a patient in the new TG ER. 4 1/2 hours, 3 x-rays, one CT scan, 3 stitches, and one concussion later I was home.

I am supper dizzy today, have to move really really slow as any movement at all makes me so dizzy I feel sick. But, Mark is home with me and has been a champ taking care of me. He even washed my hair for me last night. After the blood, laying in the dirt, and irrigation in the ER my hair was a matted mess!!

There are a ton of photos, but honestly the idea of walking into the office to get them off the camera makes me sick, so will post the photos once I feel better.

1 comment:

Beth said...

So sorry! And you were afraid of being the catcher for your Softball team, I actually re-read to make sure you said it was during Kickball and not softball.
Try to enjoy your down time : )