Wednesday, June 23, 2010

To Play Softball or to Not Play Softball

That is the question. First game was last night and we lost. But we were ok with that. We have not had a chance to practice with such short notice putting the team together. So considering most of us have not played since HS and we did not practice we were pretty happy with how we did.

I however am not sure softball is for me. I spent the whole game playing catcher, and the entire time I kept hoping that the batter would hit the ball so I wouldn't have to try and catch it. Then once the ball was hit I hoped that the runners would get out at the base so that I wouldn't have to try and catch the ball and get an out at home.

Batting was hard. The ball is coming at you so slow and while that seems like it would be easy there is way too much time to think about if it is a strike and should I swing or not. I literally wanted to vomit that is how stressed playing softball made me.

Just not sure that I want to spend the next 7 weeks feeling like I want to vomit! I love my team and doing something fun with friends, but honestly there was nothing fun for me about last night.

We have practice tonight. Will see how that goes before making up my mind, and will also make sure the team has enough girls so that I don't leave them stranded.

No comments: