Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fun with the Nieces

Tuesday night Mark had Rebekah and Emily for a few hours while their Mom was busy and decided it was time for the girls to carve their first Jack-O-Lanterns. He took them to H&L produce and got them each some nice big pumpkins to carve.

I came home to find pumpkin guts all over the dining room table, but I didn’t mind because it meant roasted pumpkin seeds! Which also brings me to my recipe of the week…

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Rinse all the pumpkin pulp off the seeds, pat dry and spread on a cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil and Worcestershire sauce over seeds and sprinkle with Sea Salt. Use hands to mix up and make sure all seeds are coated. Roast until golden brown, I think it took about 20 to 30 minutes. Use a spatula to turn during roasting.

The verdict? Mark and the girls loved it and I would rather snack on that then popcorn!

Pumpkin Guts!

Carving the eyes.

The girls with their Jack-O-Lanterns.



No comments: