Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What Do You Know For Sure?

I know that every person that is part of my life if part of my life for a reason.

No matter how seemingly superficial or insignificant the connection is, or how deep, meaningful and life altering the connection they are all important to me.

Maybe we take long walks together and I fall asleep with you every night, or:

-we only ever IM on Facebook and post funny comments on each other's wall, or smack-talk on ffb message boards

-you are who I call when I need a night out, want to go to an Usher concert, or I need a shoulder to cry on

-you have gone through all the ups and downs of the adoption process with us and never fail to offer your love and support

-you trust me to babysit your children

-we only talk once a year and see each other even less than that

-we vacation together and see each other several times a week

-you have hot soup waiting for me when I come home at 11 pm from the ER

-we only see each other once a week to play sports

-we will only ever talk to each other when we are at work

-I read your posts on your blog and you may never even realize it

-we send each other random texts or emails out of the blue for no particular reason

-you have been part of my life since the day I was born

-I have been part of your life since the day you were born

...whatever the connection is it means something to me and I treasure it.

No comments: