Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Thankful for a little non-Sky running time last night.  Funny thing is it didn't involve much running at all. 

I took a Good Form Running class and learned a few new things, and had a few things I already knew reaffirmed. 

It was a free class mostly because you don't need a class to learn it.  Check out the Goof Form Running site Here

What I found out last night is my foot strike and lean from the ankle is golden.  It was nice to hear since it's something I have been focused on while running. 

Next I'm taking on the 180 cadence.  I have a metronome app on my phone and can't wait for my next run to test it out! 

It's nice to know I'm doing something right with my running, and good to know what to focus on next.  There is a second, follow-up, class in a few months, so I can check in on myself and see how I'm doing. 

I still feel like such a new runner and like I have no clue what I'm doing that I'm thankful to know I'm actually doing exactly what I need to be doing. 

No comments: