Sunday, January 5, 2014

Things I'm Enjoying!

A completely random list of things I'm loving and just have to share:

-Kindle Paper White - It's also the reason for lack of posting the past two days!  My new Kindle Paper White has me spending all my spare time (i.e. blogging time) reading!  4 books in less than two weeks.  I just keep coming across really great reads and can't put them down!  I love that it tells you how many minutes until the end of the chapter, it helps me know when to stop so I don't stay up too late.  

-Arm Warmers!  I'm cold a lot and these fingerless arm warmers are cute and warm, and I find myself wearing them all the time.  Check out Valkin Threads HERE !  Great prices, lot's of color and length choices, and awesome customer service with quick delivery! 


-Fresh Tamales from Los Hermandez in Union Gap, WA.  If you are ever in the area, even just passing through, you must stop and get some fresh tamales!  They are super popular though so calling ahead and placing your order is the way to go.  509-457-6003, I now have their number in my phone because from now on when we make the trip to E WA we are getting tamales going over and coming back!  We have tried the Pork, Chicken, and the Cheese and Jalapeno (only I had those since Mark can't have cheese) and they are all equally yummy! 

I'm also really loving the new dishes I got for Christmas!!!

-Lounging in my sweat pants!  I hesitated to put them on my wish list because they are (in my opinion) really expensive for sweat pants.  I really wasn't counting on receiving them, but am so, so, so glad I did!  I have literally worn them every day since Christmas, and when I wash them I only do it when I know I can wash/dry within a few hours so I won't be without them for long.  I can't find them for purchase on the site, but HERE is the Osielle site so you can keep an eye out for them.  Get a pair if you can, totally worth the $$ with the perfect not fitted, but not baggy look that goes from couch to out and about super easy!

Oiselle sizing runs small, so I ordered the next size up and they are perfect!

-Ton's of running time with the babe and baby, and lot's of play time at the park between football games!  




Since every run in 2014 has been a stroller run I took a break today.  Too many days in a row of pushing the stroller is just not a good thing for my body or form.  So Sky and I hit the park sans stroller so she could trail run and explore. 

-Lastly, Rice Porridge with Chicken!  Made it last night for dinner and I was craving it for breakfast and lunch today!  It's has Asian flavor to it thanks to fish sauce, and while that may sound strange it's really very yummy!

Recipe from: Recipes from My Home Kitchen by Christine Ha
 
Ingredients:
1 cup Jasmine Rice (I used Basmati since it's what I had on hand)
6 cups Poultry Stock or low-sodium chicken broth
1 boiled chicken breast, shredded (I used two skinless, boneless breasts and steamed them)
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and minced (I grated the ginger)
2 Tablespoons fish sauce, or to taste (I used 3 Tablespoons)
4 scallions, thinly slices
3 sprigs cilantro, finely chopped 

In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, stock, chicken, onion, and ginger and bring to a lot boil.  Reduce the heat and add the fish sauce.  cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is the desired consistence.  Season to taste with black pepper and additional fish sauce (I didn't add any additional fish sauce).  Garnish with the scallions and cilantro, if desired, and serve hot.

Do yourself a favor and make this porridge, you won't regret it!!!  

Tell me two things you have been enjoying lately!  


No comments: