Wednesday, January 1, 2014

14 Years Later...

Who knew that I was meeting the man of my dreams January 1, 2000.  Let me tell you if he can fall in love (maybe it was just lust that first day?) with the me that was so very hung over that first day of 2000 well then I'm golden for the rest of our lives!!!  ;-)

We have always felt like today is more our anniversary than our wedding day is.  1/1/00 is the day that changed our lives, way more than saying vows and signing a legal document did.

New Years Day has been my favorite day of the year ever since I was a kid (football all day and tons of food!), but now it's my favorite day of the year because it's the day I met my husband and my life changed for the better, forever!  We have already had so many amazing twists and turns that I feel spoiled by this amazing life we live.  It may not always be big and fancy, but it is happy and full of love, adventure, and lot's of laughter.  I wouldn't change a thing and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us!

To celebrate our anniversary we decided to skip walking around Zoo Lights in the rain and take Sky out to dinner with us for Sushi instead!
 Mad chopstick skills yo!
Testing out her kiddie chopsticks. 

 Miso soup, she loved it and the tofu!
 Mark and I split this and Sky had grilled chicken, although she kept snagging our sushi!

Scarfing some raw salmon, she LOVED it!

Then we came home, got cozy, made drinks and watched Polar Express.  I can't tell you how nice it was to have a quiet night at home in pj's and in bed early.  I don't mind having a party and sharing our anniversary with our friends, but I also love having the babe and baby to myself on our special day.    

Plus the early bed time meant I was able to get a run in this morning.  Sadly Michelle was too sick to run so Mark and Sky decided to run in the new year with me.    

Nothing crazy, just a nice easy run to say hello 2014!

While I'm sorry Michelle is sick, and I was really looking forward to an ass kicking on 5 Mile Drive, it is kinda perfect that I got to run with Mark (and Sky) on our anniversary!   

I hope you had a festive (and safe) New Years Eve and that 2014 is full of nothing but the best life has to offer!  

Who ran last night/this morning?  

No comments: