Thursday, January 7, 2010

Beautiful Start to the Morning

Driving in this morning the sunrise and Mt. Rainier were amazingly beautiful. The cotton candy pink clouds floating in a vibrant orange and pink sky were amazing and Mt. Rainier looked like a regal king in sharp contrast to all the color.

(At times like that I kick myself for not having my camera with me. I wanted a small camera to keep in my purse for just such occasions. My goal is to start carrying my camera with me all the time!)

I appreciated the beauty as I drove in. It was the perfect way to help me be peaceful on my in to what has become a toxic work environment the last few days. I’m sure in time things will be sorted out, but until then it is not easy to be in the office.

On an up note I am so loving my Zumba classes. The first few months were hard because I didn’t know the steps and couldn’t get the “flavor” down with all the hip action. But, now that I know the steps to the dances and songs, I have been able to focus on the flavor and taking it up to the next high energy level. As a result the workouts have been so much more intense. I can barely walk when class is over and am drenched in sweat after every class. I love feeling like I am getting a great work out and I really love knowing my body can keep up.
I decided I need to start up the “what I’m thankful for or excited about” piece of the blog again. It helps counteract the negativity from work and news that I feel like I’m bombarded with daily.
Today – I am really looking forward to dodgeball tonight and catching up with Shannon. She has been MIA the last few weeks and I know she will end up making me laugh and we will have fun throwing balls at other people.

Adoption – I read an article that talked about the importance of Mark and I being the only ones that hold the baby and care for her for the first month in order to help with bonding. It will help her become familiar with our smell, voices, and assure her that we will always be there for her every time she needs us. Somehow I think we will have a hard time selling that idea to the family. I don’t see them waiting a month to hold the new addition. It does make me hope that we are required to stay in state with her, provided we have to travel to another state, for at least 2 weeks…that will be a good start on the three of us bonding.

No comments: