Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sky's First Package

I was excited to find 3 boxes waiting for Sky when I got home yesterday. My sister (jam) packed 3 boxes of clothing and items from when her and I were kids, dress-up dresses from when my Mom was younger, clothing from my nieces, princess outfits from my nieces, and blankets from when we were kids.

It was so fun to go through all the boxes and find outfits from when her and I were babies that are still in good enough shape for Sky to wear! Lot's of memories in that box with blankets, clothing and a doll from when we were kids. I can't wait to share all of the memories with Sky. With all the cloths from my nieces Sky will now need more closet space than what I have for myself! I'm not complaining though. My sister and nieces have excellent taste and even the "play" cloths are supper cute. I was excited to receive some of the very outfits I have admired on my nieces through the years! Sky is going to be one stylish little girl!

Currently everything is spread out on the nursery floor so Mark and I could look at everything. My next task is to put everything away in the closet according to size. My plan is to keep tops and bottoms on the same hanger so when I need an outfit I can grab one hanger and have everything I need (learned that tip from Michelle Beckham!). I have all the cloths hanging by size so that I can start with the NB stuff and work my way through all the outfits as she grows. The odds and ends jeans, sweats, shirts, zip-up's, pj's, and onesies are all folded and on the shelves in the closet again by size. Who knows if the organization will last once the sleep deprivation sets in, but I'm going to try and keep it organized so it is just as easy for Mark as it is for me to dress Sky for whatever the occasion is.

It made me smile to see the boxes address to Sky Yeatman. Soon, at least I hope it will be soon, Sky will find her way to her forever home.

No comments: