Friday, January 8, 2010

Worn Out

I have this love hate relationship with dodgeball. Part of the reason I joined the team was so that I could get a different work out then what I normally do. Well with 3 or 4 girls and only 2 girls playing at a time I end up sitting out at least every other game, if not 2 games in a row. (Each match is 20 minutes and you play as many games as possible in 20 minutes. A game last however long it takes for one team to get all the other teams players out...usually about 3 to 4 minutes.) With all the sitting it does not end up being a very good work out...I hardly ever even work up a sweat. Since we had the late time slot last night I was able to do Zumba class and then go play dodgeball. I thought this would give me a good work out before dodgeball and then I could enjoy dodgeball and not be frustrated that I'm giving up a workout for nothing. Well...let me tell you getting up this morning was not easy. Not only am I sore, but my body is tired! I feel so worn out I can hardly stand it. Not sure that Zumba before dodgeball was the greatest idea.

We sported out team shirts last night with the custom Dodgie Style (yes that is the team name...one of the guys came up with it...go figure!) logo on the back...it looked so good that the organizers took our team photos with all of our backs to the camera! The took one with us all facing the camera as well, but they insisted on getting a photos of our backs! It was great. Too bad we have yet to win a match. We did play better last night though. Tied both our matches at the end of the 20 minutes and both went into 2 minute overtimes, both of witch we lost. Maybe next week we will win.

Today - I am going shopping tonight for some more workout cloths. I can't keep up with the wash between workouts and need at least enough tops and bottoms to get me through a whole week. I sweat way to much to wear anything two workouts in a row without washing! Ross and Marshall's here I come. They have the best cloths for way less and I refuse to pay a lot of money for clothing that I am going to the gym in. To all the gym Barbies it is not a fashion show! Who cares if you have designer workout gear or not...your just going to sweat in it anyway!

Just had to get that last little bit out.

No comments: