Monday, October 10, 2011

6 Week Challenge

It starts today...Stroller Fitness is doing a 6 week challenge.  I'm equally looking forward to it and dreading it...this class is really hard, and I will be going 3 times a week. 

We took measurements today and weighed in.  I don't remember all the numbers, but here is what I do remember:

Weight - 154 - goal is 140, but would be happy to hit 145.  I'm really comfortable at 145.
Body Fat % - 26
Pull ups - 0
Sit ups in a minute - 16 (hands over head, not behind, sit up and hands all the way to the floor in front.)
Push ups - I think was 9 (real push ups not on my knees, and chest had to touch the ground on the way down)
Squats in 1 minute - around 25 - I lost count so sort of guessed.  (When I say squat I mean but down to the ankles and all the way up)
8 laps around the track - don't remember the time, but I was happy with it.

 We also took bicep, hip, thigh, waist and bust measurements but I do not recall what mine were.

The instructor wrote them all down and is keeping them.  The goal by the end of the 6 weeks is for all the measurements to go down and running time to go down, but everything else to go up.

We also have to give something up for 6 weeks and I picked cheese.  I love cheese and eat it every day so this is going to be a tough one for me...that's why I picked it.  I want something challenging and cheese has a lot of fat in it, so it seemed like a good choice.  

I will admit I'm a little scared.  The classes I went to last week were HARD, and we were told today the next 6 weeks is going to be more intense to help us reach our goals.

I'm sore, and tired and sore again, but I LOVE it.  I know I'm working my body to the max for an hour 3 times a week and it feels good.  












 


No comments: