Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oh Balls...

...Cake Balls that is.  We have a Halloween camping trip planned this weekend.  Taking the kiddos to a pumpkin patch in their costumes and maybe some after dark tag or hide and seek. 

I made spice cake with butter cream frosting cake balls and gluten free chocolate cake with milk chocolate frosting.  Dipped in orange candy melts and decorated with black sparkle gel. 

I LOVE to cook, I really don't like to bake.  Have you ever tried to make perfect cake balls?  I don't think it can be done.  I will not be making cake balls again.  They are really good but really too much of a pain in the butt.  I will leave the baking to those that enjoy it!

Now off to make the chili for tomorrow nights dinner around the camp fire. 

BTW - the ball in the third row down, second from the right DOES NOT say "screw"...it says scream.  :)

No comments: