Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Corner Turned

I've been waiting for it, and it finally happened!  I have found that when I start a new physical activity/work out program it kind of sucks for the first few weeks.  But, I know if I stick with it long enough eventually it won't suck.  I will still be sore, and some days will still feel like I would rather take a break, but it will eventually get to the point that I will feel strong and able to get through it. 

I will be honest I have doubted the wisdom of Stroller Fitness and running and only taking a day off on Sunday.  It has been tough, I have hated it some days, but today I finally felt like my body is strong enough to handle whatever I throw at it. 

Don't get me wrong...I'm still really sore, and some days I hate (in a good way) stroller fitness/'running, but I have turned the corner from being miserably sore to being good sore.  The kind of sore that means I'm getting good workouts in, the kind of sore that means I know I can take on any physical challenge I decide to take on, the kind of sore that means yep I'm sore...but I'm strong too and my body is a fine tuned machine that will not fail me!

Ok, so maybe there is still some fine tuning to do, but I really feel pretty great!!!

And, while I hate scales and fight becoming obsessed with weighing myself 5 times a day, I have decided that weighing once a week is ok and so far have lost 3 pounds since starting the 6 week challenge. 

I want to be clear though, this is not about numbers for me.  I don't care how much I weigh and I don't care what size I am.  I care that my husband enjoys how I look and that I'm able to keep up with my babe as she grows, able to keep up with Mark on hikes/activities, and really care about being able to be active into my 90's.  That is what this is about for me, but I also need some way to track if I'm making any progress, so the weekly weigh in.  



No comments: