Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Stroller Fitness

I tried a new class at the Y yesterday with my friend El, Stroller Fitness.  We went into it thinking it may be a little too easy for us. 

I was still sceptical after the instructor came up and told us it's a "brutal" class and to make sure and pace ourselves.

After the 10 minute warm up I knew we were in trouble!  It was by far the hardest class I have EVER taken at the Y period.  We made it though, it was hard, but we did it.  Call me crazy, but I'm looking forward to going again tomorrow!

Tons of sprinting and running lines while pushing the stroller, planks, sit ups, push ups, knee ups, and a bunch of other stuff.  I am so sore today I don't really know what to do with myself.

Some of the class we push the strollers, some of it we leave them parked and you know what Sky didn't cry the whole hour.  She did great interacting with all the other kids and adults.  I think this is just what I need to not only get in shape, but socialize her so she won't be so afraid of other people.

Next Monday starts a 6 week fitness challenge.  Monday we weigh in, have measurements taken, and time our work out (how many sit ups/push ups/pull ups/lines we can run in a certain amount of time) and then at the 6 week class we take all the measurements and times again and see how much we improved. I will for sure have to go to class three times a week to hit my goals, but I'm looking forward to it!

I also have to give something up for the 6 weeks and I think I have decided it will be beer. 

Mostly I'm looking forward to getting Sky used to other people so she doesn't freak out as much if Mark and I aren't the ones holding her.  



 










No comments: