Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dear Sky

You are so much fun!  You wake up in the morning with the biggest smile on your face.  I love starting my day with your smile!

The first thing we do every morning is to change your diaper.  I don't know what it is about being on the changing table, but you LOVE it! You laugh like crazy, make faces at me, blow raspberries and laugh again.  It's very helpful now that you suck on your toes, because you pull your feet up to your head and hold them there until I'm done changing you.  That, more than anything else you do, cracks me up!

You have started belly laughing at the strangest things.  Sometimes kissing your cheek does it, sometimes nibbling on your toes, sometimes sprinkling Monkey Butt on your booty does it.  The one thing that for sure does it every time is tossing you in the air and catching you.

Your neck and head are just now stable enough for us to be able to do that, and while I worry about a face full of spit up, it's totally worth it.  (And, just to reassure everyone when I say toss, I really mean bench pressing her over my head and she barely looses contact with my hands...just enough to make her laugh.)

I love it that you have become such a great workout partner.  Stroller fitness would be much less fun if you cried the whole time.  You seem to love the music, the sprinting, and the other kids that want to play with you.  I have to admit pushing you in the stroller while sprinting is not easy, but it's like a double workout, so thank you for that.

The only thing that makes me sad is that I can tell you are already breaking away from all the holding and cuddling.  You so badly want to be mobile and I can tell you have had it with laying in our arms.  While I'm so excited to see you crawl for the first time, I hate feeling you slip away a little bit as your grow.  You are going to be a very self-sufficient little girl, I can tell already.  I know I have very little time left to "force" you to sit in my lap and cuddle with me.

The last 4 1/2 months have been the best months of my life.  I love spending my days with you and seeing the new little things you do daily and watching you learn and discover new things.

I love you little girl!







 

 

1 comment:

JR said...

You make me cry because I remember feeling all those things with you.