Friday, October 11, 2013

TGIF From the Kitchen

I started my Friday at Chambers Bay with Sky, where we met Elya and the girls for a walk. 

She looks thrilled no?

I just never get tired of the view!  I'm thankful it was a sunny start to the day.   



Since we have a really busy weekend lined up, and a lot of it isn't going to be Sky's idea of fun, I decided some play time at the park, before heading home, was in order. 



She was so excited to be the only there and spent most of her time running from toy to toy and touching them.  She didn't actually play very much, just ran around claiming it all for herself. 

Then it was time to come home and face the mess that was the kitchen.  I didn't cook a very complicated dinner last night, in fact it was down right simple.  But, I opted to relax and watch a few shows and a movie with Mark instead of doing the dishes.  So there was a huge mess to deal with this morning. 

I don't even know what to call lasts night dinner because I made it up all by myself.  But, if I must name it I guess it would be:

Jen's Kielbasa Skillet 

Ingredients
1 Kielbasa Sausage (or other dinner sausage) cut into bite size pieces
8 to 10 Baby potatoes
Half a diced onion
Sauerkraut (I had a 16 oz jar and used almost all of it.  Can put in more or less depending in your love of sauerkraut).

For Potatoes:
Preheat Broiler on High.  Wash and cut up potatoes into small bite size pieces.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.  Broil for about 15 or 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are as crispy as you like them.  We like them to be crunchy!  Once they are done remover them from the oven and set aside. 



For the Skillet:
Pre-heat a skillet with a little bit of olive or coconut oil.  Add the onion and sauté for a few minutes.  Once the onions are starting to soften add in the Kielbasa and cook until nicely browned.

In the meantime rinse the sauerkraut with cold water to cut down on the salty/brine flavor.  Once the sausage has started to brown add the rinsed sauerkraut and stir together.  Let the sauerkraut heat up then remove the skillet from the heat. 

To Serve:
Put some potatoes in a bowl and then add the sauerkraut/sausage mixture on top.  Enjoy! 

So simple it's silly!  But, it's also yummy, quick, easy, and we all like it.  It's a win all the way around! 

It looks messy, but it's so yummy!
  

Tonight is another quick, easy dinner...tacos!!!  Easily our favorite go to dinner that I always have the ingredients on hand for! 

What is your favorite go to dinner?  What items do you always keep on hand for dinners? 

There are some big race this weekend.  For everyone who's running, be it training runs or races, have fun, run strong! 

No comments: