Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday

P.S. (sometimes the p.s. has to come first) Thoughts go out to my friend, her sister, and the family as they grieve the loss of their grandma.  You know who you are, I'm thinking of you and am so very sorry for your loss. 

This post may qualify as Excited Thursday more than Thankful Thursday.

Big news in Sky's world!!! 

She will be running her very first race Thanksgiving Day!  She is officially registered for the Turkey Trot 1K!  My only concern...a 1K isn't long enough for her!

She will also be participating in her very first soccer class starting in Nov!  Wow...she is so grown up all of a sudden!  Mommy/Daddy and me soccer for 2 to 3 year olds.  It focusses more on working/playing with others and listening to someone other than mom or dad, but I'm sure there will be some form of soccer in there as well.

A few things I am thankful for today:

-I got to start my day with a run/walk with Elya and our two running buddies.  Can I just say Elya is truly impressive.  She is very, very pregnant and still run/walking!   

 
 
From there Sky and I hit Trader Joes and Starbucks on our way to her hair cut with Eleanor.
 
 
-That Eleanor is such a professional and knows how do deal with a 2 year old!  Sky let's her spray and comb her hair with zero fuss.  You should hear the shenanigans that go on when I'm trying to comb her hair in the mornings!  On top of that she knows how to cut hair on a moving target!   
 
-Mark was unexpectedly working from home so I got to grocery shop and run errands Sky free during nap time.  I love her to death, but it's so nice to grocery shop alone.  Almost like a date with myself!  (yeah I know that sounds funny...get your minds out of the gutter!)  :)   

-To be home, in my pj's, watching a few shows I have been waiting all week for, with a glass of wine!  I earned it today!

-Lastly I'm very thankful that Mark works as hard as he does.  He keeps food on our table and allows us to do fun things like registering Sky for a race and soccer class!   

Tell me...what are you thankful for today?  Small or large, what made you smile and feel thankful?

  

No comments: