Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

I braved the crowds this morning to get a little fun shopping and grocery shopping done. It really was not that bad. I took care of several gifts, a few things for myself, stuff for the house, and all before my 9am make up appointment at Bare Essentials.

I love their make up and decided I needed a festive eye look for the winter. Brandi helped me and she did amazing things with purple! I never would try purple eye shadow on my own, but she showed me exactly what to do and at the end you could not tell which eye she did and which eye I did. I will be going back to her!

I'm already missing Mark. I don't mind at all that he takes time to hunt with the guys, but I don't sleep well alone! I could not fall asleep last night to save my life. I tossed and turned and probably only got a few hours sleep before I got up to go shopping. I hope tonight is better!

Today - I'm thankful I found a fake pre-lit tree. We went to put ours before Mark left for hunting last night and it was dead. I was feeling so sad that the tree was not going to happen. Now I get to put it up and decorate! The only challenge is we are painting and carpeting the living room so it can't go in the usual spot. Fun for me trying to figure out if the hallway or dinning room is going to be a suitable alternative for the tree.

Adoption - I was thankful today that I could run around and get a lot done and not have a baby tagging along. I know next year may be very different for me and things like Black Friday may need to be handled differently and skipped all together.

No comments: