Thursday, November 12, 2009

Crockpot Dinner

I am so excited to come home to a Crockpot dinner tonight! Thursday’s are busy for us because we have just enough time to get home, change, and eat before dodgeball practice, but it’s hard to cook a full dinner. So, thank you Shelley for the Brown Sugar Chicken recipe on your blog! I’m trying it out today. I was excited this morning that it was so quick to get it all ready this morning before leaving for work.

I love opening the front door and being hit in the face with the wonderful smell of dinner ready to eat.

I have noticed that a lot of Crockpot recipes specify the size of Crockpot that should be used. I only have one size and I don’t have room to store multiple sizes, so I guess what I have will have to do. I wonder if the food tastes different depending on what size is used. It probably has more to do with cooking time, but who knows.

My co-worker gave me a gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe today…I can’t wait to make them this weekend. That is the great part about have people over to watch football…I can make “bad for you” food that tastes wonderful and not worry about Mark and I being the ones to eat it all.

Really I would be so happy if I could stay home and cook wonderful things all day. I love, love, love cooking/baking!

Today – I am looking forward to using actual dodgeballs at practice tonight. They are a different size and weight than what we have been using and I’m wondering how much it will affect my throwing and catching ability. Plus I’m wondering if it will hurt more when I get hit.

Adoption – There are a lot of things to worry about with adoption. Things like what if the birthmother changes her mind, or what if the baby is not well and the list goes on and on. Of all the important things to worry about I am hung up on traveling with a newborn. We may get lucky and be able to drive to the state our baby is in, but chances are we will have to fly. And, depending on the courts in that state chances are we will be there for several days if not weeks. I can’t seem to wrap my head around packing everything we will need for the baby, getting all the stuff we need there and back, and flying home with a newborn. If we only have to be in-state for a few days I can certainly ruff it by leaving the stroller and anything else that is not totally necessary at home. But, if we are going to be in-state for a couple of weeks I am not going to sit in the hotel room the whole time and I am not thrilled with the idea of baby sleeping in bed with us. I suppose she could sleep in her car seat or a dresser drawer (just kidding). Everything I have read says flying with a newborn is not ideal due to germs, but we may not have a choice. What if she cries the whole time, or has a blow out? I’m sure getting through security with a baby is going to be oh so much fun. It is silly to be worried about this when there are much more important things to obsess over, but for whatever reason this is what wakes me up at night and makes it hard to breath sometimes.

No comments: