Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Clutch Drama

My car saga continues. I thought that after 2 months of being in the shop, and two clutches it would be fixed. But no, it has gone out again. Mark and I were driving home last night and heard a loud popping sound as I clutched. I could barely get the car to shift gears, but finally made it home. We dropped it off at the transmission place this morning on the way to work and am waiting to see what they say.

I felt bad for Mark last night because by the time I got home I was so PO’d I wanted to break something. I am so sick of car issues. From little things like the glove box not latching, the mirror cover on the passenger visor breaking off, to the clutch giving me months and months of problems. I have really had it with the car. I understand that we can’t really afford another car payment right now, but I actually think I hate my car. Maybe it can tell how I feel and is paying me back. Oh I forgot the driver seat is broke to. It slides back and forth while I’m driving. It’s like after 7 years the car has decided it is done and is going to fall apart one agonizing (and expensive) piece at a time.

The good thing about last night was the Lakewood Relay For Life Kick-Off. It was great! There seems to be a lot of support from the youth and the local community. I was really impressed that some of their top sponsors were there and when they were going over the spots on LT that need filled two people raised their hands and volunteered right in the middle of the meeting! I have never seen that happen at a Kick-Off before. Lakewood also organizes great event wide fundraisers that every team can participate in and raise money for their teams. I’m really looking forward to being part of an event that works together like that. It really has a cozy community feel to it and I didn’t realize I missed that until I saw it in action last night.

I admit it is a much different feeling sitting in the audience rather than being on stage running the show, but I liked it! It was a little hard to not want to volunteer to help out, but I also am really looking forward to a year off to just enjoy being at Relay. It is going to be so nice to be able to actually spend time at Relay with Mark, and the rest of my Family and Friends. The last 4 years I was always so busy that it was a quick Hi in passing and that was about it. I am looking forward to having a tent site again and decorating it, and being part of the crazy laps, and taking time to support the food vendors and eat lunch! And, maybe, just maybe I will actually get to sleep at night! Oh to have the life of a Team Captain again!

Today – I am so looking forward to dinner with Monica, Sandi, and Cara! I miss my friends and can’t wait to spend time catching up and having a drink or two or three…

Adoption – I heard from Michelle that the shower location is almost secure. It feels strange to know she is doing all this work for my shower, I feel like I should be helping, but I have been assured I don’t have to do anything other than show up and open presents. Although, I’m happy to help is she needs/wants it. Anyway, I’m excited to hear where it’s going to be held!

No comments: