Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday!

7 am is too early for a dentist appointment! The good thing is my teeth are in great shape. Next time I’m scheduling an early afternoon appointment and taking the rest of the day off!

FYI – Real Dodgeballs hurt, but they are easier to throw. Lesson – have good aim and don’t get hit!

Crockpot debacle – I burnt, no wait I beyond burnt our dinner to a crisp. Think chicken breast burnt offerings. Turns out when cockpit size is specified I should listen. I had a feeling there was not enough liquid in the Crockpot, but since it was the first time using this recipe I thought it best to follow directions and not improvise. BIG mistake! Next time I think more lemon-lime pop is needed to cook the chicken; I will put in more lemon-lime pop. I will also get a smaller Crockpot so I have the right size.

Because we had to rush to Dodgeball practice we improvised. I had chips and salsa and Mark had toast with cheese. Not the greatest dinner, but it worked.

Today – I am so excited to finally be going to The Saint in Seattle. It is a Tequila Bar that I have been wanting to go to for about a year and we finally coordinated time with friends to go. I can’t wait! The hardest decision of my day will be what drink to order first.

Adoption – I left my phone at work last night and was convinced that since I didn’t have my phone it would be the day the agency calls. I was wrong…they didn’t call. Mark keeps reminding me it has only been a little over a month. Honestly even though I’m ready for a baby I really am enjoying not having to worry about a babysitter, or getting up 20 times a night, or changing diapers. To keep my sanity I’m focusing on enjoying how easy life is right now.

No comments: