Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NaBloPoMo

I learned from someone else’s blog (thank you Shelley) that this is National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) and as such the goal is to post a blog every day. Perfect timing because I want to be better about regular posts.

I’m not sure that Mark and I are exciting enough to need to post every day, but I am going to give it a try. I’m already 4 days late as I just learned about this today. Nothing exciting has happened the last 4 days, so it starts today.

I’m sure my family will appreciate new posts rather than seeing the same old post for months at a time. I’m making a list of things to post about to try and keep it interesting. Each post will include two features: 1. Today = Something I am excited about or thankful for that day and 2. Adoption = an update and/or useful information and tips for families going through adoption or who have an adopted child. It’s not just Mark and I that have to make this work. Everyone in the family can do things to help make this a smooth transition and welcome our new little one into the family.

Today:
I am looking forward to wine and dinner with a good friend tonight. Tiffany is visiting from NY for almost the whole month, and we can’t wait to relax in the Proctor District with good food and even better wine. A girls evening is just what I need.

Adoption:
Not much to update. We are in wait mode. Waiting for the agency to call and say there is a Birth Mother for us. We did settle on carpet for the nursery, now we just need to order and install. Photos will follow once the carpet is in.

1 comment:

shelley said...

Yea! Blogging every day! :)

So looking forward to both the "today" and "adoption" posts!!